Welcome!

Well here we are living in deepest East Kent. It's better than it sounds!

Monday, October 20, 2008

Deal Tri Duathlon Champs

Chris and I both raced at Fowlmead Country Park yesterday. It was a 2 lap run (4 miles approx), 8 lap bike (16miles) and 1 lap run (2 miles) format. Gorgeous morning for it, not as windy as usual but a bit of headwind during the bike laps. Chris came 5th overall, I came last although I was also runner up female in the strong field of 2! Meant I won a box of chocs though.

(I couldn't have possibly expected to have beaten the other female, Jill, she's off to the Half Ironman World Champs in Florida in a couple of weeks. I console myself that it would have only taken a puncture or bodily collapse for Jill, and I could have been club champ! hey, I can't expect to ever win by talent alone....)

No comments: