Welcome!

Well here we are living in deepest East Kent. It's better than it sounds!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Quicksand 15

We try and support this mad old race round the Thanet coastline every year, but wearing my sensible hat, I decided my legs needed a little more r&r after IMUK (although I enjoyed a 38 mile pedal Saturday morning in the sunshine). So Chris ran the Quicksand 15 on Sunday whilst the kids and I had a gorgeous morning on Broadstairs and Margate beaches in the sunshine, cheering the runners past.

Chris was in the top ten at the halfway point and top twenty on finishing in a very impressive time of 1hr58. It is 15 miles of sea, sand, cliffs, steps, pebbles and slippery rocks......about as far as you can get from road running! Chris and fellow Dealies Kev and Tim won the team trophy too. Nice one fast boys!

1 comment:

Simon said...

Awesome job Chris, well done dude although from how you described the race to me I think Chantal made the smartest choice.